Treatment of children with hearing disabilities
- Rehabilitation of children with different kinds of hearing disabilities.
- Development of hearing, communication, language and speech skills.
- Promotion of cognitive and learning skills.
- Fostering emotional development, self-empowerment, awareness and the ability to cope with the hearing loss.
- Development of the child’s social skills.
- Social integration of children with hearing loss in their natural surroundings and with their hearing peers.
Involvement of parents and family in the treatment of the child with hearing loss
- Providing detailed information relating to the development of the child with hearing loss in varied aspects.
- Guidance in developing parents’ skills in the treatment and education of the child with hearing loss.
- Support, accompaniment and guidance for both close and extended families.
- Active involvement of parents in decisions related to the child’s intervention program.
- Guidance in utilizing their rights as parents of a child with hearing loss and in their contact with various community frameworks.
Integration of children with hearing loss in the community
- Integration of children with hearing loss in educational and social frameworks in the community.
- Development of community services adapted to the special needs of children with hearing loss and their families.
- Enhancing the awareness of the community to the needs of children with hearing loss, their manner of development and their integration with hearing peers.
- Counseling professionals in the community by means of workshops, lectures and printed material.
- Advocating and promoting legislation for the welfare of children with hearing loss and their families.